Thursday, October 06, 2011

I'm back!!!

Well. I haven't posted in 6 months. And honestly, I wasn't knitting all that much. I had a wonderful summer, played with my kids, took a trip to INDIA(!).... but as fall approached, I couldn't resist the call of the needles.

I've finished a few things for the kids recently.


First, a design by my buddy Jussi:

I don't think it's been released yet, but it's a great hoodie - nice easy pattern and I used cashmerino, so it's soft and wonderful. And Maggie loves it. Bonus.

This next one is a Pirate Sweater by Zoe Mellor. I made the biggest size, and used Berroco Comfort DK. I didn't get gauge (5.5 stitches to the inch instead of 5), but it's the exact size of one of Cam's 4T shirts, so it's the perfect size for him.


Now, to get him to actually wear it. I made him another sweater this summer, in orange (Dat my favorite color, Mama!) and with trucks in the yoke. I was all excited when it finally got cold enough so he could wear it - and when I tried to put it on him, he says "That sweater no make me happy. It make me sad." And he wouldn't wear it. Sigh.

But I will keep trying. If I've learned anything, it's that an almost 3 year old manages to change his mind from day to day.

With all these fun knits, I remembered the ladybug sweater that I started over 3 years ago. It's the perfect size for Maggie! I just need to finish it up! So I pulled that out and got back to it.


Hurrah for cute toddler sweaters! I'll try to get pictures of the kids actually wearing some of these - I may be biased, but I think the kids are pretty cute, so cute kids in cute sweaters? It's epic, the cuteness.

1 comments:

said...

Welcome back! Those are some seriously cute sweaters :)